Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/19 15:20:25 UTC

anybody doing load testing?

I will go to a talk this evening about http://gatling.io/ Is there anybody
busy testing cloudstack this way? What tools are you using?

​nice to hear,​
--
Daan

Re: anybody doing load testing?

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
We load test with real production work load :)

I know thats not the answer you want to hear. By the way, dont hit 8250
without a recent non-blocking SSL Handshake patch - it will disconnect
all other agents.

Or perhaps - try without patch and with patch - to see if you can find a
breaking point.

Please do post slides and talk somewhere, load testing would be on my
agenda later this year..

Thanks,
ilya

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Of course, I use Apache JMeter! A great tool to make load test, and the
next version 3.0 [1] (currently in RC2 [2]) would be a nice version.

For heavy load test, you can create some JMeter scripts locally and
upload these scripts to some SaaS services [3] [4] [5] to hit your
target from the cloud.

Milamber (with my hat of JMeter PMC/RM)

[1] http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.0RC2/docs/changes.html
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v3.0_RC2/