Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Dean Hiller <de...@Boldtech.com> on 2005/07/20 19:08:04 UTC

checked out log4net-1_2_9 and build failed

I tried nant -buildfile:log4net.build compile-all like it said in the
docs and also tried build.cmd.  All I got were errors(and the errors
kept coming, I had to do ctrl-C).  Here is some of them.....

      [csc]
      [csc]
c:\AROOT\views\jakarta\log4net2\src\Appender\TextWriterAppen
der.cs(109,9): error CS1570: XML comment on
'log4net.Appender.TextWriterAppender
.TextWriterAppender()' has badly formed XML -- 'End tag 'remarks' does
not match
 the start tag 'member'.
      [csc]
      [csc]
c:\AROOT\views\jakarta\log4net2\src\Appender\TextWriterAppen
der.cs(141,9): error CS1570: XML comment on
'log4net.Appender.TextWriterAppender
.TextWriterAppender(log4net.Layout.ILayout, System.IO.Stream)' has badly
formed
XML -- 'End tag 'remarks' does not match the start tag 'member'.
      [csc]
      [csc]
c:\AROOT\views\jakarta\log4net2\src\Appender\TextWriterAppen
der.cs(179,9): error CS1570: XML comment on
'log4net.Appender.TextWriterAppender
.TextWriterAppender(log4net.Layout.ILayout, System.IO.TextWriter)' has
badly for
med XML -- 'End tag 'remarks' does not match the start tag 'member'.
      [csc]
      [csc]
c:\AROOT\views\jakarta\log4net2\src\Appender\TextWriterAppen
der.cs(433,9): error CS1570: XML comment on
'log4net.Appender.TextWriterAppender
.Append(log4net.Core.LoggingEvent)' has badly formed XML -- 'End tag
'remarks' d
oes not match the start tag 'member'.
      [csc]
      [csc]
c:\AROOT\views\jakarta\log4net2\src\Appender\TextWriterAppen
der.cs(465,9): error CS1570: XML comment on
'log4net.Appender.TextWriterAppender
.OnClose()' has badly formed XML -- 'End tag 'remarks' does not match
the start
tag 'member'.
      [csc]
      [csc]
c:\AROOT\views\jakarta\log4net2\src\Appender\TextWriterAppen
der.cs(593,9): error CS1570: XML comment on
'log4net.Appender.TextWriterAppender
.WriteFooterAndCloseWriter()' has badly formed XML -- 'End tag 'remarks'
does no
t match the star^C

thanks,
dean

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments hereto are for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain confidential, privileged and nondisclosable information. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the addressee, or a person responsible for delivering this e-mail to the addressee, such recipient is strictly prohibited from reading, printing, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this e-mail or any attachments hereto in any way. If the recipient has received this e-mail in error, please send return e-mail immediately notifying us of your receipt of this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your inbox. Thank you.

Re: checked out log4net-1_2_9 and build failed

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.
According to Visual Studio, the word 'member' does not appear anywhere
in TextWriterAppender.cs. The XML comments around line 109 looked
correct to me.

I was able to compile fine using nant -buildfile:log4net.build
compile-all and build.cmd.

According to CVS, the last significant revision to
TextWriterAppender.cs was 9/18/2004. I don't recall other users having
any issues with the file.

Perhaps the error is higher up in the chain. Are you able to open the
solution in Visual Studio and compile that way?