Posted to user@lucy.apache.org by "Desilets, Alain" <Al...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> on 2012/01/30 22:34:51 UTC

[lucy-user] Is there a way to know how many documents are indexed in a Lucy index?

I would like to know how many documents are stored in an index. Is there a way to do that?

I tried searching for the empty string and getting the total_hits() value, but a search for the empty string always returns an empty list of hits.

RE: [lucy-user] Is there a way to know how many documents are indexed in a Lucy index?

Posted by "Desilets, Alain" <Al...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>.
Thx. That did the trick.

Desilets, Alain wrote on 1/30/12 3:34 PM:
> I would like to know how many documents are stored in an index. Is there a way to do that?
>
> I tried searching for the empty string and getting the total_hits() value, but a search for the empty string always returns an empty list of hits.

try doc_count()

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Lucy/lib/Lucy/Index/IndexReader.pod#doc_count%28%29

Re: [lucy-user] Is there a way to know how many documents are indexed in a Lucy index?

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.