Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kamholz, Keith (corp-staff) USX" <kk...@moog.com> on 2003/07/09 15:48:13 UTC

[OT] JSTL

I apologize if this is a bit off topic, and if it is a bit of a newbie
question.
I've never used JSTL before, and I'm not sure exactly what it is.  Is it
built into standard JSP technology (thus usable without any add-ons), or is
it a tag lib that you have to download and put in your project?

- Keith

Re: [OT] JSTL

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Kamholz, Keith   (corp-staff) USX" <kk...@moog.com> wrote:
> I apologize if this is a bit off topic, and if it is a bit of a newbie
> question.
> I've never used JSTL before, and I'm not sure exactly what it is.  Is it
> built into standard JSP technology (thus usable without any add-ons), or
> is
> it a tag lib that you have to download and put in your project?

It's a taglib specification that vendors can implement.  Apache has an
implementation available here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html

David