Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/27 00:54:41 UTC

[JSF 2.0] Package structure for Facelets integration

Hi all,

We're reaching the point of integrating Facelets to the core 2.0 branch and
we need to determine what kind of package structure we'll be using.My first
thought would be to concentrate core Facelets classes in
org.apache.myfaces.application.facelets and place the tag classes in
org.apache.myfaces.taglib.facelets.core/html/* and move jsp specific tags
from org.apache.myfaces.taglib.* to org.apache.myfaces.taglib.jsp.*

Is there any better suggestion for this?

Thanks,

~ Simon

Re: [JSF 2.0] Package structure for Facelets integration

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Jan-Kees van Andel
<ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From my point of view, it's nice to do something back to the
> community, instead of only using MyFaces...
>
> I've been implementing some classes yesterday. Created a Jira ticket
> for all of them (sometimes grouped similar classes together).
>
> Please look at it and tell me if this is the right way to do things.
> I'm sure there are things to improve.

I saw that. Thanks for the patches.
I think Simon or Werner will apply them to the 2.0 version
of myfaces

> Regards,
>
> Jan-Kees
>
> @Matthias: Good to hear my help is appreciated.

sure, it is!

> 2008/12/1 Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>:
>> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Simon Lessard
>> <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes you can, but make sure to create a JIRA ticket for every change. You'll
>>> find that most new classes and methods are already there though, but some
>>> new ones just popped with the public review version.
>>
>> it is great to see more and more active folks here!
>>
>> -Matthias
>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> ~ Simon

>> --
>> Matthias Wessendorf

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [JSF 2.0] Package structure for Facelets integration

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
Well, to get rid of all confusion, this is what I did.

I downloaded the spec to know what should be implemented.

After that, I scanned the JavaDocs for changes and held them next to
the MyFaces codebase (working from top to bottom). Where I found a
change, I looked at the JavaDocs for the methods and constants etc and
implemented those. Since I thought the JavaDoc is part of the spec and
thus part of the interface contract of the framework, I used that one.

But if you guys want to, I can remove the existing JavaDocs and
recreate my own, but since we implement the same spec, they will
probably have a great overlap...

/Jan-Kees

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan-Kees,

Yes, it sounds good.

~ Simon

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerhard:

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hello jan-kees,

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan-Kees,

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan-Kees,

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 1:34 AM, Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com> wrote:
> Ah, okay. Thanks for the info. That definitely saves some time :-).

+1

I thought you guys "forced" the new license to be ASL.
(or at least some of the EG)

-M

>>> http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.
Hey Simon,

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
True, that's a new addition, it does give an answer for some of the classes
;)

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi