Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Prakash Reddy K. L. V." <Pr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/01/20 10:18:39 UTC

List of Xpath functions supported by Jackrabbit

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the list of Xpath functions supported
by jackrabbit?
Whenever I try to use some Xpath functions(like fn:contains,etc) to
query my jackrabbit repository,
I get an  exception saying the function is unsupported.

It would be really helpful if somebody can point me to the appropriate link.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prakash

RE: List of Xpath functions supported by Jackrabbit

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl>.
> Hi Ard,
>
> Thanks for your response. The jsr-170 spec says that the
> implementation may not implement all the Xpath functions.

that is correct, and Jackrabbit does not implement all Xpath (2.0)
functions, but in Chapter 6.6.6 (XPath Grammar) you can see the minimal
set of functions that are required to be implemented

> Its up to the implementation to decide what functions to
> implement and what not.

yes, but see 6.6.6 for the minimal required parts

> There are whole lot of functions in Xpath that are not
> implemented in jackrabbit.

As is indicated in the spec. Some functions are implemented in
Jackrabbit which are not mentioned as required in the spec, though I am
not aware of a list of these functions

-Ard

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Prakash Reddy K. L. V. wrote:
> Its up to the implementation to decide what functions to implement and
> what not.
> There are whole lot of functions in Xpath that are not implemented in
> jackrabbit.

jackrabbit supports all of the required and optional functions in the JCR 170
specification. but that still excludes a lot of functions defined in the XPath
specification.

regards
  marcel

Re: List of Xpath functions supported by Jackrabbit

Posted by "Prakash Reddy K. L. V." <Pr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Ard,

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl>.
Hello,