Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by tapestryphoto <ph...@digiatlas.org> on 2009/03/17 16:00:51 UTC

Partly OT: problems with Eclipse / T5

Hi,

I'm using Jetty/T5/Eclipse.

Earlier this-afternoon I made the mistake of doing a Maven "Update
Project Configuration" and Maven anihilated my build setup.

I have set the classpath back to what it was and everything compiles
and the application works as expected EXCEPT:

1)  I no longer seem to have the T5 / Jetty auto class reloading -
changes I now make to my pages and the classes no longer appear
without restarting Jetty.

2)  I have a try/catch block that no longer catches an exception!
I've tried everything, including changing it to catch(Throwable e) but
to no avail. The code is being recompiled and called because any
changes I make to the surrounding code (e.g.: adding System.outs)
appears fine. The exception is just thrown as per normal and never
caught by the surrounding catch block. It's almost like something is
not now happening when Tapestry augments the class...

Any ideas?  It's the end of the day here and my brain is fried - nor
can I believe what I'm seeing.

p.

PS: I have checked the classpath but cannot see any duplicate jar
files which may be causing problem (2), so, other possibilities?

Re: Partly OT: problems with Eclipse / T5 (solved)

Posted by tapestryphoto <ph...@digiatlas.org>.
Please ignore previous posting.

Problem (2) was caused by further problems courtesy of Maven screwing
up my Eclipse environment. All fixed now.

Apologies!

p.

Re: Partly OT: problems with Eclipse / T5

Posted by tapestryphoto <ph...@digiatlas.org>.
Nothing much to see...  I'm perplexed!

I've fixed all my Maven problems now. So this leaves problem (2) - the
uncatchable exception.

The code in getRecordIdsByKeywordGroupsLC() correctly throws the
exception. The catch never catches it. There is only one exception
class with the name TooManyResultsException. It won't even catch it as
Throwable.

The following snippet is inside my onSuccess() method:

			try
			{
				System.out.println("START SearchResults");
				searchResults =
repository.getRecordIdsByKeywordGroupsLC(keywordGroups); // THIS IS
LINE 231
			}
			catch (TooManyResultsException e)
			{
				System.out.println("INSIDE TMRException Handler");
				tooManyResults = e.getMaxNumber();
			}

Output is:

onActivate :[uk.bl.dportal.marcdb.MarcKeywordVisual@1105f32]
START SearchResults
Process New Marc Group
KSF = a
lcqr=+value:church +marcField:245 +subField:a
uk.bl.dportal.marcdb.TooManyResultsException
	at
uk.bl.dportal.marcdb.HibernateMarcRepository.getRecordIdsByKeywordGroupsLC(HibernateMarcRepository.java:369)
	at
	at
	at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:310)
	at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)qryr=+value:church +marcField:245 +subField:asize =
76609

	at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
	at
org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
	at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
	at $Proxy20.getRecordIdsByKeywordGroupsLC(Unknown Source)
	at uk.bl.dportal.pages.SearchMarc.onSuccess(SearchMarc.java:231)
	at uk.bl.dportal.pages.SearchMarc.dispatchComponentEvent(SearchMarc.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.dispatchEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:886)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.triggerContextEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1059)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.InternalComponentResourcesImpl.triggerContextEvent(InternalComponentResourcesImpl.java:228)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form._$advised$onAction(Form.java:408)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form$onAction$invocation_12019405399.invokeAdvisedMethod(Form$onAction$invocation_12019405399.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.proceed(AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.java:71)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.LoggingAdvice.advise(LoggingAdvice.java:37)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.transform.LogWorker$1.advise(LogWorker.java:54)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.proceed(AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.java:80)
	at org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.onAction(Form.java)

Posted by Andy Pahne <an...@googlemail.com>.