Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Fatih Haltas <fa...@nyu.edu> on 2013/07/21 13:18:53 UTC

Data Import via Sqoop from Postgresql to HDFS

Hi everyone,

I had another problem while trying to import or list tables on postgresql
via sqoop.

I am using this command

./sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:postgresql://
192.168.194.158:5432/pgsql --username pgsql -P

It does see only the tables under the public schema, other are not listed.
i tried to change postgresql user settings now, actually is there any
options to list all tables in my database in sqoop?

OR I need to struggle with user-rights in postgresql?

Thanks.

Re: Data Import via Sqoop from Postgresql to HDFS

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Fatih,
the --schema extra parameter was added in 1.4.3 via SQOOP-601. It's however extra parameter and not a normal Sqoop parameter. As a result it needs to be specified in the extra argument section of the command line. For example:

  sqoop list-tables --connect ... -- --schema private_schema

Please do notice the extra "--" between normal sqoop arguments and extra arguments.

You might be interested in taking a look into Apache Sqoop Cookbook [1] where all different types of parameters are further described.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920029519.do

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.