Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by "Xu, Yaning" <ya...@intel.com> on 2015/07/07 04:31:54 UTC

How to make checkstyle ignore "Import from illegal package"

Hi all,

                When I run "mvn checkstyle:check", there is an error in Rc4Maker -" (imports) IllegalImport: Import from illegal package - sun.security.provider.MD4". However, we indeed need to import it.

                So how can I make checkstyle igore it?

Regards,

Yaning

Re: How to make checkstyle ignore "Import from illegal package"

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Just in case it is required:

* Either just allow the single exception, then create a
src/checkstyle/suppressions.xml file in the maven module, please see the
example I added in kerby-kerb/kerb-crypto/src/checkstyle/suppressions.xml
* Or disable it globally by commenting out the "IllegalImport" check in
docs/kerby-checkstyle.xml

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Posted by "Xu, Yaning" <ya...@intel.com>.