Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Robbin L. Gratz" <rg...@momentumsoftware.com> on 2001/09/22 21:51:21 UTC

Threading Questions

How does log4j handle threading issues when run inside an app server such as
WebLogic?  More specifically, with the file appendars, are there any issues
with file IO?  Any help would be appreciated.
Robbin L. Gratz
Sr Developer
(512)236-1517x212
Momentum Software - The force behind e-business
Don't miss Momentum at the TBN Wireless Summit

Re: Threading Questions

Posted by Mats Henricson <ma...@talaris.com>.
> How does log4j handle threading issues when run inside an app server such as WebLogic?  More
> specifically, with the file appendars, are there any issues with file IO?  Any help would be
> appreciated.

Hi!

We're running log4j in a WebLogic environment. It has worked
just fine until now. We've started to do some heavy load
testing, and the logging seems to choke our system.

I have raised concerns in this forum that the synchronization
block in AppenderSkeleton.doAppend() is far too large, and that
that could be one reason, but I have not been able to back it
up with tests or numbers.

Still, I am getting a bit nervous. I may have to hack a bit
in log4j, to see if that helps.

Mats