Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by pe...@onebox.com on 2003/02/16 20:35:34 UTC

Browser displays source when trying to view .asp

I'm really having trouble, here.  I don't know Apache, perl, and therefore also mod_perl.  I know html, and I can learn perl.

Here's my problem:

I installed Apache::ASP on my WinXP machine.  When I try to load a page (.asp) it displays only the code for the page in my browser.  On the other hand, when I load a page (.htm*) the browser renders the page perfectly.  What are the possible causes for this, and what solutions do you suggest?

To be sure, I couldn't understand some of the documentation provided.

--M.Pemrich

Re: Browser displays source when trying to view .asp

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
pemrichm@onebox.com wrote:
> I'm really having trouble, here.  I don't know Apache, perl, and therefore also mod_perl.  I know html, and I can learn perl.
>
> Here's my problem:
>
> I installed Apache::ASP on my WinXP machine.  When I try to load a page (.asp) it displays only the code for the page in my browser.  On the other hand, when I load a page (.htm*) the browser renders the page perfectly.  What are the possible causes for this, and what solutions do you suggest?
>
> To be sure, I couldn't understand some of the documentation provided.

You will need to make sure you have installed mod_perl + Apache.
Please see:

   http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Win32%20%2F%20Wind0f0e8ac6

Randy Kobes' build includes Apache::ASP installed with it,
and there should be README instructions on how to get it
all working with a sample ASP script included.

If you are trying to get it to work on your own, please make
sure to read:

   http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start

after you have mod_perl installed into Apache.  This provides
directions on getting the sample scripts to work.

Regards,

Josh