Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/25 04:10:51 UTC

HelloREEFNoClient behavior

Hi,

It's been a while since I tried out HelloREEFNoClient. What's the expected
behavior?
It does not finish after submitting a job.

I'm also curious who's using the client-less mode.

Thanks.
-Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: HelloREEFNoClient behavior

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 11:50 PM, Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> wrote:

> On 2015-08-24 19:10, Byung-Gon Chun wrote:
> > It's been a while since I tried out HelloREEFNoClient. What's the
> expected
> > behavior?
> > It does not finish after submitting a job.
>
> Odd. The client should exit right after it submits the Job, IIRC. We
> might have introduced this new behavior in one of the recent changes.

Can someone confirm this new behavior?

> > I'm also curious who's using the client-less mode.
>
> The .NET code base uses it. There, communication between client and
> driver is facilitated via HTTP.
>

> Client-less mode is also handy whenever the client is not run on a
> machine on the cluster. Our client breaks down on network changes, can't
> traverse firewalls and doesn't suffer the standby mode of a laptop well.
> In other words: I believe the majority of the non-development runs are
> client-less.

Thanks for the info.

-Gon

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.