Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Doug Baggett <do...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/02 14:03:23 UTC

Guacd connects to debian ssh but not Mac ssh?

Hello to fellow guacamole users!

I have my guacamole server set up successfully and it connects to a ssh
server on debian, but using the exact same settings it will not connect to
my Mac (via ssh) and guacd logs say:
---
Dec  2 08:46:11 debian guacd[370606]: Error parsing given address or port:
Name or service not known
Dec  2 08:46:11 debian guacd[370606]: guacd[370606]: ERROR:#011Error
parsing given address or port: Name or service not known
---

I'm using a straight IP address. I'm scratching my head on this.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

thanks!

Re: Guacd connects to debian ssh but not Mac ssh?

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
The error in question ("Error parsing given address or port") means pretty
much exactly what it says: Guacamole gave the OS the hostname/address and
port that it was provided for the connection, but the OS refused to resolve
that address and port, and instead returned an error. It usually means that
you mistyped the domain/address or accidentally included some
whitespace, or it could be a problem with DNS. The detail that follows that
error ("Name or service not known") is the exact error string given to us
by the OS when resolution failed.

- Mike

Posted by Doug Baggett <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.