Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/04/05 14:45:44 UTC

RE: Need job scheduling component

> We need a component for scheduling jobs because some jobs
> take a long time.
> The jobs have assigned priorities. We run tomcat 3.2.1 with IIS 5.0 on
> windows 2000. Will you point me where to find such components?

It should be easy enough to write a servlet which handles job scheduling
task requests(if that is the manner in which jobs are going to get
scheduled)
and is load-on-startup enabled.  Then in the init method fork a thread for
a Runnable Object which continually checks for tasks that need to be run
and processes them as needed.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com
mailto:wentzel@aswethink.com

- Punisher of those who cannot spell dumb!