Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2015/04/01 14:07:46 UTC

ApacheCon NA in 2 weeks

Hi all
the next ApacheCon NA will stand in two weeks in Austin, TX.
A talk about Karaf is already scheduled.
We hope to see lot of Karaf users !!!
I invite you to register and don't hesitate to say if you plan to be there.
See you "live" in two weeks !
RegardsJB

Re: ApacheCon NA in 2 weeks

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Hello Jean-Baptiste,

Sounds perfect. I actually arrive in Austin on Sunday and I'm there until
Thursday. I've already registered for your talk and will gladly have lunch
with you. Btw I live in Geneva, Switzerland so I also speak French :)

cheers,
  Serge...

- -- --- -----=[ shuber at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
CTO & Co-founder - Jahia Solutions Group, 9 Routes de Jeunes, 1227 Acacias,
Switzerland
twitter: @sergehuber <https://twitter.com/sergehuber>

Jahia is a leading open source User eXperience Platform (UXP) vendor,
relentlessly working at transforming a siloed industry into a user-driven
one, beyond technology constraints -

http://www.jahia.com

Re: ApacheCon NA in 2 weeks

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Serge,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: wiring

Posted by Laci Gaspar <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I figured it out. It's because I didn't specify a range of versions.
Just version=${project.version}.
In that case the upper boundery of the versions is interpreted as infinite.

thanks for your help.
Laci

On 05.05.2015 20:45, chris.gray@kiffer.ltd.uk wrote:
> The wiring depends on the headers in your bundle's manifest.  If they say
> for example to import ch.curabill.msp.service version 1.4.2 (inclusive) to
> version 2.0.0 (exclusive) then the framework is perfectly entitled to wire
> it to 1.5.2 and indeed it should be congratulated for doing so if this
> reduces the number of versions of ch.curabill.msp.service installed (for
> example because another bundle insisted on >=1.5).
>
> The first step is to look in the manifest to see what the Import-Package:
> header says, and the second is maybe to figure out just *why* it says
> that. Generally the minimum version would be the version your bundle was
> compiled against, up to but not including the next "major" version.
>
>> Hi
>> there's still something I don't understand.
>> In my pom of bundle A, I have the following now:
>>
>>       <Import-Package>
>>           ch.curabill*;version=${project.version},
>>           *
>>       </Import-Package>
>>
>> After installing bundle A Version 1.4.2-SNAPSHOT, I do a imports <bundle
>> A id>, and I get
>> MspServiceMessages (964): ch.curabill.msp.service; version=1.5.2.SNAPSHOT
>>
>> The bundle MspServiceMessages is installed in versions 1.4.2-SNAPSHOT
>> and 1.5.2.SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> Why is bundle A wired with bundle MspServiceMessages, version
>> 1.5.2.SNAPSHOT???
>>
>> thanks for your help,
>> Laci
>>
>> On 10.04.2015 13:07, Jamie G. wrote:
>>> No problem :)
>>>
>>> You might enjoy looking through the code examples from the Apache
>>> Karaf Cookbook:
>>> https://github.com/jgoodyear/ApacheKarafCookbook
>>>
>>> Full disclosure, i worked on that book - but the sample code is freely
>>> available on github, so have a look - might help jump start your
>>> development.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jamie

Re: wiring