Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/03 20:03:29 UTC

Moving to xmlbeans v2

I have geronimo running with xmlbeans v 2.  I discovered 3 problems in
xmlbeans v2, one a blocker, for which I submitted a bug report and
patch

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-116

The other two problems have fairly simple workarounds.

Advantages of v2:

1. bug in namespace of reference to group fixed, simplifying our plan
schemas for env references
2. bug in unique key constraints fixed, allowing us to use the spec
ws-client schema unmodified
3. better handling of any elements, simplifying code in service-builder
for xml-attributes that uses an any element.

I would like to move to v2 as soon as possible to avoid trying to
maintain my patched version.

choices:

1. Move now, using a privately built copy of xmlbeans including my
patch.
2. Move as soon as XMLBEANS-116 is fixed in xmlbeans source using a
snapshot we build (unless xmlbeans is providing snapshots)
3. Move when the next beta including XMLBEANS-116 is released.

Comments?

I'd prefer 1, 2, and 3 in that order.

thanks
david jencks

Re: Moving to xmlbeans v2

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
David Jencks wrote:

> Advantages of v2:
>
> 1. bug in namespace of reference to group fixed, simplifying our plan
> schemas for env references
> 2. bug in unique key constraints fixed, allowing us to use the spec
> ws-client schema unmodified
> 3. better handling of any elements, simplifying code in service-builder
> for xml-attributes that uses an any element.
>
> I would like to move to v2 as soon as possible to avoid trying to
> maintain my patched version.
>
> choices:
>
> 1. Move now, using a privately built copy of xmlbeans including my patch.

+1

> 2. Move as soon as XMLBEANS-116 is fixed in xmlbeans source using a
> snapshot we build (unless xmlbeans is providing snapshots)
> 3. Move when the next beta including XMLBEANS-116 is released.
>
> Comments?
>
> I'd prefer 1, 2, and 3 in that order.

If you're confident it works fine I don't see a reason to wait. The
trouble is to maintain the home-made version, but it's your choice,
isn't it? ;)

> david jencks

Jacek

Re: Moving to xmlbeans v2