Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/29 18:31:06 UTC

CTakes on github.

Hi CTakes.

I notice we dont have a github presence yet.   Maybe we can file an INFRA
ticket for this ?

--
jay vyas

Re: CTakes on github.

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
done !  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8553

--
jay vyas

Re: CTakes on github.

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Sounds good.

Re: CTakes on github.

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

RE: CTakes on github.

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Jay,
Were you proposal the A) Hybrid [1] git/svn approach (where svn is still the primary version control, but code and full histories gets gets mirrored to git)?
OR were you proposal B) replacing SVN and using git as the primary version control for cTAKES @ a.o [3]?
A) is fairly straightforward and most folks probably won't have any issues with it.  B) Will be a tougher proposal as it changes the workflow and will require all current committers to transfer over to git.

[1] http://git.apache.org/
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html
[3] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/