Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sagar Pidaparthi <Sa...@chordiant.com> on 2004/06/21 18:40:31 UTC

DO you need to regenreate WSDLs everytime you switch servers

 Hi,

During the development time we use localhost as the server and later
deploy the services on to a production environment.  WSDLs that are
generated in development environment have details of localhost.  Do we
need to regenerate WSDLs and so the java proxies, when we move from
development environment to production environment?

What is the best way handling this with minimal work.

Regards

Sagar

Re: DO you need to regenreate WSDLs everytime you switch servers

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Sagar,

I cannot confirm this but I will tell you my view.

The WSDL u generate in the development environment need not be regenerated at the Production environment. The first WSDL that u created is used to generate the stubs and skeletons and get the deploy.wsdd file. Once you deploy the Web Service then only the deployment is complete. At this time the URL will be of dev or Prod env depending upon where u have deployed it.

Your client side call can do this

TestIFService service = new TestIFServiceLocator();
TestIF gatewayIF = service.getTestService(new URL(Property.WEBSERVICE_TARGET_URL));

to call the Web Service.
The only thing you should take care when you put classes on to the production env is that you should deploy the web service by copying the depoly.wsdd to server-config.wsdd or using the AdminClient tool ( IF it works ).

I hope i am right here. If not somebody guide us :)

Cheers
Dhanush

  During the development time we use localhost as the server and later
  deploy the services on to a production environment.  WSDLs that are
  generated in development environment have details of localhost.  Do we
  need to regenerate WSDLs and so the java proxies, when we move from
  development environment to production environment?

  What is the best way handling this with minimal work.

  Regards

  Sagar

Disclaimer:

is strictly prohibited.