Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com> on 2010/03/23 15:31:22 UTC

OBR.resolve(NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES)

Guillaume (i believe this is for you),

I'm still testing the new bundlerepository from the trunk..
I noticed recently that, when i use the NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES flag in the
resolver, all the local resources required by my resolution have a null URI.
My intent when using NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES is purposely to NOT ignore the
resources present in my resolver's framework and to extract a "pure OBR"
resolution, independant of the framework instance that computed it;
therefore i need all the computed resources along with their URIs with
respect to the OBR location.

Can you please look into this? Do you agree with my interpretation of
the NO_LOCAL_RESOURCE flag?

Thanks,
Arjun

Re: OBR.resolve(NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES)

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES does not take into account local resources (i.e.
resources created for bundles installed in your framework).   This means
that any constraint will be solved by either the system bundle, or one of
the resource from the configured repositories.  They will thus be listed in
the required resource list.

Note that if you don't use this flag, local resources will be used, but
those are currently removed from the required resource list, so you only
have the resources that need to be installed.

To get back to your earlier problem, I don't understand how you can end up
with resources with  null uri, unless you give the resolver a list of
repositories, and this list contains the local resources.

That's why I'd like to better understand what you're trying to achieve and
we'll find a way to do it.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:56, Arjun Panday <arjun.panday@alcatel-lucent.com

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: OBR.resolve(NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES)

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Guillaume,

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Some resources are both in the OBR and locally installed in my resolver
framework.. say Log4j for instance..
When i resolve a resource that requires Log4j, the Log4j resource is
considered local and has no URI; therefore my resolution ends up being
incomplete: it's missing the URI for Log4j.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet