Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen Riek <st...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/02/05 04:51:27 UTC

RE: Escaping quotes in form fields - c:out doesn't see my variabl e

Hi Eric,

Thanks for explaining that to me about JSTL automatically
translating ${book.title} to book.getTitle().

I expected JSTL to work somewhat like Velocity (which is
much more intuitive by comparison).

And you're right - I haven't got the reference to the 'book' object
in the correct context.

Thanks for the help.

Stephen.

 Eric.Lewis@swissinfo.ch wrote:Sure, book.getTitle() is the public method, but that's translated into
${book.title} for JSTL.
JSTL is smart enough to know that ${book.title} corresponds to
book.getTitle(). The only thing that might not have happened is that you set
the reference to your object as "book" in your request context.