Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rafael Nami <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/27 20:48:33 UTC

Reusable Popups

Hi everyone
The reason that I'm posting to you guys is because I'm trying to do some
modaless popups for data input, and some  modaless popups to lookup data.
I'm experiencing very weird behavior in my attempts. First of all, I tried
to use the infamous window.open to use in my reusable popups. They've worked
very well for lookup popups, but I don't know why, when I fire an Action in
my popup (like the data input ones, that saves a Country, for example), the
popup loses the opener reference, breaking all my usecase, because I can't
re-render the country combo to load the brand new country in my opener
window.(I'm using Ajax4JSF to do this kind of plumbering).So I've tried
again, without Ajax4JSF, with no luck either, same weird behavior. Then I've
tried with div tags, but I didn't know how to load my popup page to the div.
So I've tried again, but with IE modalessDialogs, but with no luck (every
action fired in the popup created a new popupwindow, breaking again all my
usecase). Then I've tried iframes, and the actions finally fired away, but I
couldn't do the "floating" thing with iframes, or close the popups, because
I couldn't remove it from the DOM.
What is the best approach to have reusable popups in my application?

Thanks and Best Regards

Rafael Nami