Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Artur Bialecki <ar...@digitalfairway.com> on 2002/08/26 18:14:24 UTC

[Q] Caching XInclude DOMs

I'm using XInclude transformer (need XPath) to pull data
from small number of XML files and include it large
number of pages. So it would be best for me if
XInclude transformer cached the DOMs of included files
and only reparse them when they change. This option
would make a nice XInclude config param.

How would I use the exsiting cocoon caching to achieve this?

Is there another (better) way of achieving what I need.

Thanks,

Artur...

Re: [Q] Caching XInclude DOMs

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Artur Bialecki wrote:

>I'm using XInclude transformer (need XPath) to pull data
>from small number of XML files and include it large
>number of pages. So it would be best for me if
>XInclude transformer cached the DOMs of included files
>and only reparse them when they change. This option
>would make a nice XInclude config param.
>
>How would I use the exsiting cocoon caching to achieve this?
>
>Is there another (better) way of achieving what I need.

Don't know about better, but cocoon:/ protocol is cacheable. If you to
(x)include cocoon: URIs, this XML should be cached.

Vadim