Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/05 16:40:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] move to Git for source control?

The idea to move from Subversion to Git has come up a few times. I have
only used it a little and am not that familiar with it. I understand that
Git makes branching and merging a lot easier than Subversion. On the flip
side (because it's more powerful?) it may take us a while to learn and get
used to.

Apache has writable Git repositories:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/#contents

It looks like it's possible to use both SVN and Git in parallel.
http://gitready.com/beginner/2009/02/04/converting-from-svn.html

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Re: [DISCUSS] move to Git for source control?

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Matt already started a vote thread, so we can ignore this.