Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> on 2010/10/05 17:15:00 UTC

Release 1.0.2

I think it we have enough bug fixes and such in 1.0.2, so we should
release it without waiting on 1.1 (I think we are close on 1.1 but I
want to save that discussion for another thread.)

If people are happy with the content of 1.0.2 it should be easy enough to roll.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Matthew Sinclair-Day <ms...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/10 at 7:11 PM, jan@apache.org (Jan Lehnardt) wrote:
>
> Looking at the issue list tagged for 1.0.2, I didn't see any mention of
> fixes for chunked encoding and other things around HTTP protocol support.
>  Are those fixes going to be in 1.0.2?

If you're referring to the replication issues, yes.

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Matthew Sinclair-Day <ms...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Tim Smith <ti...@couchone.com>.
Adam, and everyone,

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org> wrote:
> If you're referring to the COUCHDB-767 discussion, I don't think it was ever resolved.  I don't want to revert the patch unless there is an operating system somewhere on which it actually results in reduced durability.

I agree, and I haven't been able to produce, or seen evidence of, an
actual durability problem. Icky or not, I've not found any mud to
sling at it that actually sticks.

Tim
--
www.couchone.com    Your data. Anywhere.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.
If you're referring to the COUCHDB-767 discussion, I don't think it was ever resolved.  I don't want to revert the patch unless there is an operating system somewhere on which it actually results in reduced durability.  I agree that it's icky to be relying on a property of fsync() that is apparently not guaranteed by any specification, but it sucks to block readers just to flush disk buffers.

As an aside, I'm having trouble reconciling Tso's statement in http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ext4/msg21388.html with the following from SUS v2:

> The fsync() function forces all currently queued I/O operations associated with the file indicated by file descriptor fildes to the synchronised I/O completion state.

It doesn't say I/O operations associated with the file descriptor, it says I/O operations associated with the file.  But far be it from me to question his interpretation of the spec; he's written more filesystems than I've used in production.  Best,

Adam

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Mikeal Rogers <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
I'm totally +1 on 1.0.2 asap.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
and done

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
Seems fine to me.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Re: Release 1.0.2

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 11 Oct 2010, at 14:17, Filipe David Manana wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> I am waiting for consensus, and a nudge from a committer. :)
>
> If you wait a bit, I might have a 1 line patch for 1.0.x :)

How did that go? :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: Release 1.0.2