Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Erik Paulsson <ep...@fedora-commons.org> on 2013/09/12 22:12:34 UTC

JIRA: 178 and 278

Hey all!

I'm new to the group.  I have run into a couple issues with SwiftClient and
BlobStore that are pretty major issues.

It looks like JCLOUDS-178: "A 401 error should result in re-authenticating
for a new token" is the cause of one of my problems.  It looks like it has
a fix/pull waiting to correct the problem.
Is there plans to get this pull request in for a fix soon?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-178

I reported this next issue.
JCLOUDS-278: "SwiftClient parse exception on '%' symbols"
I have done a decent amount of investigation into the problem and cause.
Please see my JIRA description and comments.  I believe the solution is to
remove URL decoding on JSON response data, but would like to get others
input.  It seems the response data is always in it's URL decoded format and
supports UTF-8 chars.  If removing the URL decoding is indeed the solution
how much of an effort would that entail?
Not sure if there are any tests with objects whose name's contain a '%'
symbol... if not adding some might be a good idea.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-278

Any help, input, or comments would be awesome!

Cheers,
Erik

Re: JIRA: 178 and 278

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> Is there plans to get this pull request in for a fix soon?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-178

Thanks for the reminder about this one, Erik! I've just pinged Zack S.
with a small review comment; we'll hopefully be getting this one
merged to master soon, unless some concerns pop up.

ap