Posted to user@struts.apache.org by SP...@ixl.com on 2001/02/05 22:52:19 UTC

Mapping

Hi,

I know that the Struts tag library is used in place of the standard HTML
tags. Is there a document which maps the Struts tags with the HTML tags?
Also, do all the HTML tags have a corresponding Struts tags?
Are there places when the HTML tags would be more simpler to use than the
Struts tags. The reason I ask this is because I perceive that the Struts
tags are beneficial only if they are linked to a form bean.

Sharmila Pandith
Software Engineer
iXL Inc.

phone: 212-500-5180
AIM: spandith
Yahoo: spandith
MSN: spandith

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended
recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.

Re: Mapping

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
On 2/5/2001 at 4:52 PM SPandith@ixl.com wrote:

>Is there a document which maps the Struts tags with the HTML tags?
>Also, do all the HTML tags have a corresponding Struts tags?

All HTML tags do not have a corresponding Struts tags.

I believe all the HTML "form" tags have a corresponding tag in the HTML
library. (Until recently, this was actually called the "form" library.)

When a Struts tag can be used in place of a standard HTML tag, they
share a common name.

>The reason I ask this is because I perceive that the Struts ags are
beneficial only if they are linked to a form bean.

That would be true of the set of tags nested within the html:form tag.
The others, like base and link, which are useful without being linked
to a form bean.

We are lacking a HTML Tag Library guide, which I will put on my list.
This is where the documentation you have in mind would be located.
Everything you need to know is documented by the Tag Library Reference,
but it doesn't really lay it out like a tutorial.

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/