Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Stuart Robinson <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/31 21:08:18 UTC

obtaining data used to train OpenNLP models

I've tried using the tokenizer model for English provided by OpenNLP:

http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/models-1.5/en-token.bin

It's listed here, where it's described as "Trained on opennnlp training
data":

http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/models-1.5/

It works pretty well but I'm working on some social media text that has
some non-standard punctuation. For example, it's not uncommon for words to
be separated by a series of punctuation characters, like so:

oooh,,,,go away fever and flu

I want to train up a new model using text like this but don't want to start
entirely from scratch. Is the training data for this model available from
OpenNLP? If so, I could experiment with supplementing its training data. It
seems like sharing training data, and not just trained models, could be a
great service.

Thanks,
Stuart Robinson

Re: obtaining data used to train OpenNLP models

Posted by Aditya Kulkarni <ad...@gmail.com>.
+1
This question is not answered for me too.
Should be great help to get it answered.

-aditya

Posted by Aditya Kulkarni <ad...@gmail.com>.
Well, thanks Jorn. This settles it for me.
Let me see how both model together can be used in tandem. If any non
trivial observed, then shall share it.
-a

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello,