Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Timothy Larson <Td...@ci.canton.oh.us> on 2002/12/16 17:17:30 UTC

Re: Source aggregation by XInclude

You can use the "cocoon:/" protocol to do this:

  <map:match pattern="some_page.xsp">
    <map:generate src="some_file.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="some_stylesheet.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:match>

  <map:match pattern="some_page.html">
    <map:generate src="cocoon:/some_page.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
    <map:transform src="some_other_stylesheet.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:match>

You may run into problems with the java code generated from the XSP
not always updating immediately when you make changes to the XSP page.
It seems like the timestamp only has one minute resolution. YMMV.

Tim

>>> durdina@asset.sk 12/16/02 10:57AM >>>
Hello,
In Cocoon 1.8 we used xinclude for aggregation of our xsp sources.

Now in C2, xsp is generator and xinclude is transformer, therefore xinclude
cannot precede xsp to prepare sources for it.

Is there any working technique how to compose sources for xsp generator from
more than one file?

Michal

-- MisoD --
Michal Durdina - durdina@asset.sk