Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com> on 2007/03/03 15:34:31 UTC

Windows/Mac gpg help requested....

Could someone with a Windows box and/or an OSX box (and gpg) try the
snapshot of the GPG plugin and make sure it properly masks the password
when it asks?    I tried Solaris and Linux and they worked ok, but I don't
have access to a Windows or Mac box.

If it works OK, I'll call a release for it as it fixes both reported
issues:

    * [MGPG-1] - Prompt for pass phrase if it is not supplied
    * [MGPG-2] - Allow the selection of a particular signature

Thanks!
--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Windows/Mac gpg help requested....

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Saturday 03 March 2007 11:12, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 3/3/07, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What version?  (Both 1.0-SNAPSHOT and 1.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT were
> > touched about the same time yesterday.)

The alpha-3 version.    The pom had been updated to 1.0-SNAPSHOT before I
realized it.    I did change the config params and properties and such so
it's not quite "stable" enough yet for a 1.0.

> They both work fine on WindowsXP + Cygwin's gpg.  One odd thing
> though, when it prompts for the pass phrase, there is already one '*'
> displayed:
>
> [INFO] [gpg:sign {execution: sign-artifacts}]
> GPG Passphrase:*

That's a side effect of how it works.   Not much I can do about it.
Basically, a high priority background thread is started that just sits in
a loop sending a backspace + "*" to the screen.   Thus, that star is just
the background thread doing it's work.   JDK 1.6 has methods that would
allow it to work properly, but I don't think we want to require that any
time soon.

Thanks for testing it.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

GPG Passphrase:*

--
Wendy

Re: Windows/Mac gpg help requested....

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/3/07, Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com> wrote:

> Could someone with a Windows box and/or an OSX box (and gpg) try the
> snapshot of the GPG plugin and make sure it properly masks the password
> when it asks?    I tried Solaris and Linux and they worked ok, but I don't
> have access to a Windows or Mac box.

What version?  (Both 1.0-SNAPSHOT and 1.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT were
touched about the same time yesterday.)

And thanks for doing this. :)

--
Wendy

Re: Windows/Mac gpg help requested....

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
I will give it a whirl on Tuesday.

Jason.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Could someone with a Windows box and/or an OSX box (and gpg) try the
> snapshot of the GPG plugin and make sure it properly masks the password
> when it asks?    I tried Solaris and Linux and they worked ok, but I don't
> have access to a Windows or Mac box.

I tried 1.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT and it prompts me for a password. This test
was done using Windows XP and the Win32 binary from gnupg.org.

I also see one '*' already there, like already Wendy reported.

--
Dennis Lundberg