Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Francisco Serrano <fr...@mimacom.com> on 2012/01/16 17:35:31 UTC

Several IDP-STS servers / Resolver approach

Hi List!

        I have two questions I'm sure you can help to figure out:

        One regarding what would you think it would be the best approach when you need several IDP's (imagine an external one at your customer infrastructure for their internal stuff  to access our application and an internal one for application local related users).

        Somehow the correct IDP (the one responsible for delivering the token) will have to be resolved and the main doubt is about whether this "correct" IDP should be resolved directly from the plugin in the container or it should be always resolved by the internal IDP (some kind of redirect to the correct IDP if this "internal" one cannot answer about the authentication issue requested).

        The second question would be about the existance of support for this "IDP resolution" feature in the project (CXF)

        As an attachment I summarize in a draft what could be the approach.

        Thanks in advance for your time,

        Kind regards,

        Fran

AW: Several IDP-STS servers / Resolver approach

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
I see another use case to resolve the IDP within the relying party. You could have a different URI of your IDP dependent on whether you want to challenge the browser based on kerberos or username token. The reason for that is if you initially tried to challenge the browser with kerberos (spnego), you can't fallback to username/password - or it depends at least on the browser version (processing html body if http error 401 returned).  You could also do this using the wauth parameter in the redirect but this parameter might not be supported by all IDP solutions.

Thanks

------

Oliver Wulff

http://owulff.blogspot.com
Solution Architect

> [...]

Ok. I think I understand this. Important to take into count. Thanks.

> So in summary, for the 1st approach, the mock IDP doesn't support redirect to another IDP. The 2nd approach is not supported in the federation plugin yet.

Ok. Never mind about the 2nd approach. As you provided some other important point of view I also agree this is not the way to go.

Thanks a lot Oliver.

Fran.

Posted by Francisco Serrano <fr...@mimacom.com>.
Hi Oliver,

> [...]

Ok. I think I understand this. Important to take into count. Thanks.

> So in summary, for the 1st approach, the mock IDP doesn't support redirect to another IDP. The 2nd approach is not supported in the federation plugin yet.

Ok. Never mind about the 2nd approach. As you provided some other important point of view I also agree this is not the way to go.

Thanks a lot Oliver.

Fran.

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Hi Fran

Posted by Francisco Serrano <fr...@mimacom.com>.
Hi Oliver.

It look like. I'l try zipping the file first. Thanks.

Fran Serrano Pons
Senior Developer – mimacom ibérica
mimacom Ibérica s.l. |
Avda. Cortes Valencianas, 39 | 46015 Valencia | España
Tel: +34 96.119.96.19
www.mimacom.es<http://www.mimacom.es> | blog.mimacomiberica.es<http://blog.mimacomiberica.es>
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this infor-
mation by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the