Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by giacomo <gi...@apache.org> on 2001/04/23 22:21:46 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap AbstractSitemap.java

On 23 Apr 2001 bloritsch@apache.org wrote:

> bloritsch    01/04/23 10:53:45
>
>   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap Tag: xml-cocoon2
>                         AbstractSitemap.java
>   Log:
>   Fixed Showstopper.  The Sitemap must be made SingleThreaded

<snip/>

>   -public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap, Disposable, ThreadSafe {
>   +public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap, Disposable, SingleThreaded {

Can you explain this in more detail? The generated Sitemap should be
ThreadSafe. SingleThreaded IIRC means that there can only be one thread
using that component and each new Thread gets a new instance of that
class which is wrong. Well, it might be that I've introduced some code
which prevents it from being ThreadSafe.

Giacomo

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemapAbstractSitemap.java

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Berin,
>
> Am unable to recreate the NullPointerException. Can you please post the stack trace with the
> latest code from cvs?

I did, a couple of times.  The code it fails on is in the TraxTransformer line 154:

        TransformerHandler handler = this.tfactory.newTransformerHandler(templates);

Like I said, I am checking configuration issues as well.  It happens regardless of
caching or not.

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemapAbstractSitemap.java

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Berin,

Am unable to recreate the NullPointerException. Can you please post the stack trace with the
latest code from cvs?

Thanks,
dims

--- Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> wrote:
> giacomo wrote:
> >
> > On 23 Apr 2001 bloritsch@apache.org wrote:
> >
> > > bloritsch    01/04/23 10:53:45
> > >
> > >   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap Tag: xml-cocoon2
> > >                         AbstractSitemap.java
> > >   Log:
> > >   Fixed Showstopper.  The Sitemap must be made SingleThreaded
> > >

> > <snip/>
> >
> > >   -public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap,
> Disposable, ThreadSafe {
> > >   +public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap,
> Disposable, SingleThreaded {
> >
> > Can you explain this in more detail? The generated Sitemap should be
> > ThreadSafe. SingleThreaded IIRC means that there can only be one thread
> > using that component and each new Thread gets a new instance of that
> > class which is wrong. Well, it might be that I've introduced some code
> > which prevents it from being ThreadSafe.
>
> I recanted, and made it ThreadSafe again.
>
> I was hoping to fix a strange error that happens with the TraxTransformer
> when an exception is thrown from an Action. ???  It's a NullPointerException
> dealing with the templates.

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemapAbstractSitemap.java

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.