Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org> on 2007/02/21 22:00:27 UTC

ANN: Luke 0.7 released

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that a new version of Luke - the Lucene Index
Toolbox - is now available. As usually, you can get it from:

    http://www.getopt.org/luke

Highlights of this release:

* support for Lucene 2.1.0 release and earlier
* pagination of search results
* support for many new Field flags
* new plugin for term analysis (contributed by Mark Harwood)
* many other usability and functionality improvements.

Have fun!

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: ANN: Luke 0.7 released

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Excellent! I'll be getting this first thing in the morning...

For a guy who's "really busy at his day job" you sure turned this around
quickly!

Erick

Re: ANN: Luke 0.7 released

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.
Great Andrzej, that fixed it.  Thanks.
Antony

Re: ANN: Luke 0.7 released

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

Re: ANN: Luke 0.7 released

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Antony Bowesman wrote:
> Hi Andrzej,
>
> Thanks for this - it's a great tool.
>
> With the luke.jar download, it throws an Exception
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/index/IndexGate
>         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.getIndexFileNames(Unknown Source)
>         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.showFiles(Unknown Source)
>         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.initOverview(Unknown Source)
>         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.openIndex(Unknown Source)
>         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.openOk(Unknown Source)
>
> That seems to be part of the Luke sources, but is not in luke.jar.  It
> is in lukemin and lukeall.  I can't find it in the Lucene source tree.

Yes, that's part of Luke - thanks for the report, I'll upload a fixed
jar in a moment. It seems the build.xml didn't package this jar correctly.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: ANN: Luke 0.7 released

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.
Hi Andrzej,

Thanks for this - it's a great tool.

With the luke.jar download, it throws an Exception

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/index/IndexGate
         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.getIndexFileNames(Unknown Source)
         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.showFiles(Unknown Source)
         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.initOverview(Unknown Source)
         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.openIndex(Unknown Source)
         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.openOk(Unknown Source)

That seems to be part of the Luke sources, but is not in luke.jar.  It is in
lukemin and lukeall.  I can't find it in the Lucene source tree.

Cheers
Antony

Re: ANN: Luke 0.7 released

Posted by Supriya Kumar Shyamal <su...@artnology.com>.
Its really Great to have the tool compatible with Lucene 2.1.

It saves lot of energy.

Thanks once again.
supriya