Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephen Smithstone <st...@btinternet.com> on 2002/05/19 20:18:27 UTC

Cocoon first time user please help

Hi all i need some help in gettin a website workin from outside the
$tomcat_home/webapps/cocoon dir  i have created a dir in
$tomcat_home/webapps called devel

Now in the devel i have

static/  - holds staic html pages
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/classes
WEB-INF/lib
xml/ - holds xml files
style/ - holds css files
xslt/ - holds xslt/xsl files

now i copied the contents of the cocoon/WEB-INF into my devel/WEB-INF
folders for the jar files and all but i seem to be having trouble with
the sitemap file

this is the sitemap.xmap in $tomcat_home/webapps/devel/

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

	<map:components>
		<map:matchers default="wildcard" />
		<map:matchers default="browser"/>
		<map:generators default="file" />
		<map:transformers default="xslt" />
		<map:readers default="resource" />
		<map:serializers default="html" />

	</map:components>

	<map:pipelines>
		<map:pipeline>

			<map:match pattern="index.html">
				<map:read src="static/index.html" />
			</map:match>

		</map:pipeline>
	</map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>

and so when i go to localhost:8080/devel/index.html it doesnt load up
the index.html in the /static folder is just brings up the following
errors

type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint: wildcard

description
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not
find the component for hint: wildcard

all i did was copy the <map:components> parts from the
samples/sitemap.xmap in the cocoon/samples dir

PLease help im going insane trying to get this to work

Ta

Stephen

RE: Cocoon first time user please help

Posted by Stephen Smithstone <st...@btinternet.com>.
If i remove all cocoon releated material from the folder the index.html
shows up in tomcat