Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/14 23:45:48 UTC

Fwd: Documention - sort of

Well, duh.. (I really was that dumb)... moving this to that mailing list
then

So assuming this worked and now this message is on the documentation list.

Alright, let me back up I suppose.

The reason I got started a couple weeks back on the old user guide format
documents was for something top include on a disk project. I figured the
install guide, if created only for Windows, would be a sinch and the
Introducing AOO Chapter from the 3.4 User Gide might be - not to hard -,
and since the disk image was, as it ended up, db tiled it seemed maybe a
rebrand on the Getting Started with Base might be as easy as any, given the
less prevelant use of sidebars..

So - I wanted to get something fast. It's now been a couple of weeks, I had
to stop for a week, but this few days got some of what I was thinking about
together.

For the Install guide, it includes some sections from the old Admin guide.
It's not a final cut, yet, but it is I think close. I'm really hoping folks
will be good enough to give a read and offer -any and all- editing
suggestions.
​
 Installation Guide
4.odt<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IYmtXbWNldnctV0k/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
 Installation Guide
4.pdf<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IX0J6cXhjNjBCNGM/edit?usp=drive_web>
​
For the second document, Introduction to Apache OpenOffice 4 it's pretty
much just the old Guide Chapter with a few lines about and screen shots of
side bars. Also, not done, but very close for my short term purpose I think,

​
 Introducing AOO
4.odt<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0INEplZWlMV1dLNWc/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
 Introducing AOO
4.pdf<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IcUwwRlVKU1NfVlU/edit?usp=drive_web>
​

That leaves a Base guide... ah, this is less done..and got more stuff
merged from the old Basic Guide and other sources, with more still being
added I think, The snapshot of this one is..

Alright, well if you scroll to the bottom of this email you will see it
originated on the dev (wrong) ML and was about a template, said doc being
used for the three files above and found here
​
 AOO4.ott<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IOG1QWmxQTlVPVXc/edit?usp=drive_web>
​
​
 GettingStartedWithBase.odt<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0INWVEZnVGRUpBQjQ/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
 GettingStartedWithBase.pdf<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IemdjSWVoRDZUb1k/edit?usp=drive_web>
​

So, I'm looking over the work on the wiki today (migration guide, and such)
- which I had not done much of recently - I don't suppose there is any
chance that the export to pdf function on the wiki is going to start
working (or is it just me, being dense again ;)..

Anyway - I would like to offer all of what I'm working on to the group and
not sure where to go from here, other then to get back to working on these
documents tomorrow.

Thanks

//drew

Re: Documention - sort of

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks, Drew.
The Getting Started with Base guide will certainly be very appreciated.

A+
--
gw

Re: Openoffice.uni documentation (Re: Fwd: Documention - sort of)

Posted by Dave <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your encouraging words. Yes of course I would love to have my
efforts integrated into the Apache/Wiki project. Have absolutely no
experience though how wiki works. I actually did have a look at the wiki a
few weeks ago, and found nowhere where to post a link. Could you help me
here? As to license: I'm open to anything which is open. Please tell me how
I should reformulate that part.

At present I'm fine tuning English and German versions simulataneously, to
make sure they are both exactly the same, then will adapt the French to
these. Kateryna has translated just the introduction into Russian and
Ukrainian, so that's a nice step. Three students at our uni are doing an
Arab version which should be complete by March.

All the best and thanks
Dave

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Fwd: Documention - sort of

Posted by Dave <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

any chance of linking my introduction for students (openoffice-uni.org) on
the wiki? french version will be up next week, then i'll go back to the
german version, and then again the english version. please take a look.
someone promised to do a spanish translation, hope that gets off the ground.

Yours
Dave

Re: Fwd: Documention - sort of

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.