Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Matthias Wermund <m....@gg-soft.de> on 2007/11/26 00:50:14 UTC

Using external classes

Hi everyone,

I started with Axis2 some weeks ago and already implemented some small POJO
web services.

Now I want to use an Axis2 service in a bigger project; and in this case, I
have to use some classes which are not used exclusively by the web service.

Axis2 is installed as the usual *.war archive in a Tomcat installation.

AFAIK, I have to put every class or resource I need for the service into the
*.aar file, because of the separate classloader.

But that would mean that I'll have the same .class file multiple times in my
application. Is that correct?

Or is there a way to "get out" of the *.aar programmatically?

Maybe I'm missing something here?

Thank you for your support,

Matthias

Re: Using external classes

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
> Hi everyone,
>

> I started with Axis2 some weeks ago and already implemented some small
> POJO web services.
>
> Now I want to use an Axis2 service in a bigger project; and in this
> case, I have to use some classes which are not used exclusively by the
> web service.
>
> Axis2 is installed as the usual *.war archive in a Tomcat installation.
>

> AFAIK, I have to put every class or resource I need for the service
> into the *.aar file, because of the separate classloader.

Yes

> But that would mean that I’ll have the same .class file multiple times
> in my application. Is that correct?

Nope if your classes are shared by multiple classes or entities then you
can drop those classes into WEB-INF/lib directory or to the system class
path.