Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jsbournival <js...@jipiju.com> on 2009/06/11 03:23:32 UTC

Camel route posting message to wrong broker

Hi,

I want to deploy an Osgi bundle containing a Camel route on smix 4.  My
route is as simple as it can get:

from("activemq:queue:my.queue")
.to("activemq:queue:my.other.queue");

Now, I have two brokers running on my machine.  The first one being an
activeMQ standalone installation, the other one is the smix internal broker.
The latter is listening on the vm: protocol, while the former is listening
on tcp:

In my Osgi bundle, I configured Camel's activeMQ component in this manner:

<bean id="activemq"
class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
    <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
</bean>

Simple, huh?  The problem is when I am sending a new message on a queue
named "my.queue" (through AMQ web-based admin interface), I cannot see the
message posted on "my.other.queue", because it's not there!

Confused I was.  The logs were telling me that everything went fine.  I
fired up JConsole, and had a look in smix process, drilled down till I found
its internal AMQ broker, and guess what?  my message/queue were there.

Strange huh?  What is happening here?  My AMQ distro install is plain, and I
haven't altered its default config.  I am suspecting discovery and broker
networking stuff.

If this problem rings a bell, I would definitely appreciate your help.

Thank you,

JS.

Re: Camel route posting message to wrong broker

Posted by jsbournival <js...@jipiju.com>.
forget about all this.  turned off discovery, and it now works perfectly.
meh.

JS.