Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bittusrivastava <bi...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/09 10:18:33 UTC

Scheduling(delayed delivery) a message AMQP.NETLIBRARY broker: ActiveMQ Windows platform C#

Hi,
I have seen that scheduling facility available in ActiveMQ. but i am using
amqp.netLibrary for sending messages on amqp protocol using broker activeMQ.
i tried to google as how i can schedule a message using amqp.net library.
but i didnt find any .
Please help me on this .

Thanks

Re: Scheduling(delayed delivery) a message AMQP.NETLIBRARY broker: ActiveMQ Windows platform C#

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 02/14/2018 07:06 AM, bittusrivastava wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
> how to use MessageAnnotation. i tried reading documentation but couldn't
> find any useful resource. for example if i have to set attribute
> "x-opt-delivery-delay" how can we do it.
>
> Thanks

How about looking at the source code, or the tests, like this one

https://github.com/Azure/amqpnetlite/blob/master/test/Common/LinkTests.cs#L411

Create MessageAnnotations and assign to your message and populate it
with the values needed.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: Scheduling(delayed delivery) a message AMQP.NETLIBRARY broker: ActiveMQ Windows platform C#

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 02/12/2018 01:58 AM, bittusrivastava wrote:
> Thanks for response. I couldn't find where i can set those header in AMQP.net
> library.

They would be set in the MessageAnnotations on the message that you want
to be delayed

https://github.com/Azure/amqpnetlite/blob/master/src/Message.cs#L42

Posted by bittusrivastava <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
If the library you use allows you to set custom headers on the AMQP
message, you should be able to set the headers described in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6037 to send scheduled messages
over AMQP.

Tim