Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de> on 2009/03/10 08:21:12 UTC

build custom portal

hi,

I build a custom jetspeed portal. What is the best way to build custom
jetspeed2 (2.1.3) with custom j2-admin included?

The tutorial on http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/jetspeed-2/ shows
only a custom jetspeed 2 build, but not j2-admin.

kind regards,

frank

Re: .classpath file in branch Jetspeed 2.1.3 postrelease

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Carvalho:
There's a maven plugin for eclipse that I use a lot m2eclipse. Once you
import the projects into eclipse, it will do all the work for you. You
can remove the old .classpath, and let the plugin set the path for you !

http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

Posted by "Carvalho, Ruben" <Ru...@fmr.com>.

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ruben:

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
On Mar 24, 2009, at 1:25 AM, Carvalho, Ruben wrote:

> Thanks David.
>
> That did most of the trick but there are still some references to jars
> that don't exist after you perform a build/install. I have updated the
> file 2.1.maven2.classpath to include the correct versions (it is
> attached if you want to use it).
>
> These 3 jars are not present in the repository at all so I wonder if
> they're actually needed:
>
> 	<classpathentry kind="var"
> path="M2_REPO/hsqldb/hsqldb/1.8.0.2/hsqldb-1.8.0.2.jar"/>
> 	<classpathentry kind="var"
> path="M2_REPO/org/springmodules/spring-modules-ojb/0.6/spring-
> modules-oj
> b-0.6.jar"/>
> 	<classpathentry kind="var"
> path="M2_REPO/regexp/regexp/1.2/regexp-1.2.jar"/>

The 2.1.3-post-release (2.1.4) already has these three entries. I
thought you were working with that branch

RE: .classpath file in branch Jetspeed 2.1.3 postrelease

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.

Posted by "Carvalho, Ruben" <Ru...@fmr.com>.
Hi,

The file jetspeed-2.1.3-postrelease/.classpath is pointing to jars in
the form of, for example,

MAVEN_REPO/jmock/jars/jmock-1.2.0.jar

Which don't exist in the repository, even after running a mvn install -p
init and mvn install.

The correct entry should be:

MAVEN_REPO/jmock/jmock/1.2.0/jmock-1.2.0.jar

Is there a maven goal that creates these /jars directories and copies
the artifact? Or should I simply use a different .classpath, in this
case which one?

Thanks

Ruben Carvalho

Re: build custom portal

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Frank, forgot to mention that you need to remove the refrence to that
portlet from the PSML file that uses it. For example, If you remvoed the
portlet definition for the "page customizer" from j2-admin, and if you
have any reference to it in your psml, then you need to remove that.

If your intention is only to not allow users to customize the pages then
that's different story.

Let me know if that helped.

Re: build custom portal

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.