Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by PaulElschot <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2014/01/13 23:27:01 UTC

lucene-solr pull request: Lucene 5293 Also use EliasFanoDocIdSet in Caching...

GitHub user PaulElschot opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/19

    Lucene 5293 Also use EliasFanoDocIdSet in CachingWrapperFilter

    This contains the LUCENE-5293 patch of 22 Oct 2013 with minor javadoc improvements.
    I want to revive this because I'd like to allow encoding an Elias-Fano sequence also on a byte[] at another issue (currently long[]'s are used).

    Thanks for the recent git discussion on java-dev, I should have started using git earlier.
    This is my first pull request,  I hope I got it more or less right.

    This contains an EliasFanoDocIdSet that can be constructed with only an upperBound, and that will chose an Elias-Fano encoding or a FixedBitSet when that is better.
    This EliasFanoDocIdSet is used to cache in CachingWrapperFilter when the given set is not cacheable.

    This also adds a method numDocIds to DocIdSet in order to try and be as efficient as possible when creating the EliasFanoDocIdSet. This method can be implemented when the number of doc ids is easily available, and an implementation is added for various filters, a.o. TermFilter.

    There are also some minor improvements in EliasFanoEncoder/Decoder, an occasional rename, and some changes to allow freezing, i.e. to allow resizing the currently used long[] arrays that encode that sequence.

    $ git pull https://github.com/PaulElschot/lucene-solr LUCENE-5293

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/19.patch

----
commit 42de53f85954c45b43cea6f7e779102ee8019ab5
Author: Paul Elschot <pa...@gmail.com>
Date:   2014-01-12T18:09:51Z

    Started plan on efdiscache branch. Prepare .gitignore

commit bcfe88aa36c44a8b6c3271b059316a7064b9cf18
Author: Paul Elschot <pa...@gmail.com>
Date:   2014-01-13T20:07:25Z

    Merge branch 'trunk' into efdiscache

commit 3e5974ead71884a7c680a23a520f3384d87c4247
Author: Paul Elschot <pa...@gmail.com>
Date:   2014-01-13T21:32:00Z

    LUCENE-5293 patch of 22 Oct 2013 with minor javadoc improvements.

commit eea857f00d8774e2989a24fac1e1a0cb8fa4a640
Author: Paul Elschot <pa...@gmail.com>
Date:   2014-01-13T21:46:22Z

    Remove local changes

----