Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/01/19 08:12:05 UTC

Karaf & ServiceMix In Action

Hi all,

several weeks ago, Charles launched the idea of a ServiceMix In Action
book, as Claus and the others wrote Camel In Action.

I think that we're all agree that before starting this such book, we need:
- to release ServiceMix 4.3.0 and ServiceMix 3.3.3, with all required
dependencies (components, etc)
- to work on the documentation and website

Anyway, ServiceMix In Action is really a good idea and will improve the
visibility of the project.
However, I think that ServiceMix is too restrictive.

I propose to think about "Karaf & ServiceMix In Action".

The book could be split into two big sections:
- Karaf from user and dev point of view
- ServiceMix 4 and the usage of Karaf, with a special focus on NMR

What do you think ?

We can add this on our huge TODO list :)

Regards
JB

Re: Karaf & ServiceMix In Action

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.
This is really awesome!  Perfect timing for me, will be putting down my credit card just as soon as I can.  It will be great to have some more points of reference for building apps in this manner.

Posted by "Moulliard, Charles" <cm...@fusesource.com>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Wait next week for the code and the video ;-)

Posted by akuhtz <an...@siemens.com>.
Ok, that's great news!

Re: Karaf & ServiceMix In Action

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Charles.

As previously said, I would be more than pleased to contribute.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf & ServiceMix In Action

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
The scope of the book has been a little bit revisited and will be much
more oriented to Master Enterprise Integration Projects on ServiceMix
with of course Camel, Karaf, ActiveMq and CXF.

This is why also it has take much more time

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andi,

Posted by akuhtz <an...@siemens.com>.
Hi Charles,

Any news on the book?

Regards,
Andi

Re: Karaf & ServiceMix In Action

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
I cross my fingers that we will be able now to start to write the book with Ade.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
A separate Karaf book would be helpful for non-Servicemix users. As
far as I know we have positioned Karaf to be the basis for multiple
projects, not just Servicemix (granted it's the largest, most popular
Karaf user at this time).

Other than the core features, I could see a chapter on re-branding
Karaf, and perhaps using it with Camel, AMQ, or as part of OpenTSB or
other Karaf based projects.

Posted by "Moulliard, Charles" <cm...@fusesource.com>.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rocco Gallo Citera <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi, All

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB, All,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Unbelievable !!

It's really a shame.

Definitely we have to work on a "real" quality book as you made for
"Camel In Action" :)

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.