Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Etienne Provencher <pr...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 1997/02/24 21:30:02 UTC

mod_auth-any/192: Unable to do authentication on 10,000 user .htpasswd file

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Mon Feb 24 16:00:01 PST 1997

>Number:         192
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       Unable to do authentication on 10,000 user .htpasswd file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have defined a 10,000+ user htpasswd file for authentication. It
seems that some on the users are getting "Authentication denied" while
other are not. Is there some limit on size for a flat text htpasswd file
that I am hitting? If there is a limit, is DBM the only work around?
>How-To-Repeat:
This is on an IBM internal machine so a URL is not possible. If you set
up a protection with 11,000 or so users the problem should occur.
>Fix:
Nope :-%2