Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Greig McKellar <gm...@hotmail.com> on 2022/03/02 03:41:23 UTC

Fw: Issue with OpenOffice downloading

I sent a problem question I had to support@openoffice.org but I got my message returned to me! I hope this eddress works that you can help me!
________________________________
From: Greig McKellar
Sent: 28 February 2022 19:34
To: support@openoffice.org <su...@openoffice.org>
Subject: Issue with OpenOffice downloading

Good evening,

I have an issue with -not sure my version or interoperability if I have a version of Word that came with my computer the home office I haven't activated as it costs which is why I downloaded Apache/OpenOffice.
This is not the first time that when I open Apache, write my note and hit save where it automatically saves my file in Word! Yes Word! Why should your program be saving my stuff in Word???
The free version I have downloaded here is 4.1.10
When I open the program and select Text Document, type my note, and hit save as type: I get ODF Text Document (.odt) (*.odt) as the type of document on that line to choose! Not to be confused with the name of the note, I'm speaking of the line under that! Now if I hit the dropdown of  'Save As Type" I do find two choices for an OpenOffice product......! I only -and following the norm, don't change that line when I am saving a product to choose! Never have I ever changed that line on any program EVER!! What normally comes up there is the type of program that is being saved!

Back to my question, why are my notes used w your product being saved as a Microsoft "Word" Program????

Greig McKellar
gmmckel@hotmail.com

Re: Fw: Issue with OpenOffice downloading

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
Probably because beloved Microsoft Windows has changed the file
associations for .odt files to use MS Word. See
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12918

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 2/3/22 2:11 pm, Greig McKellar wrote:
> I sent a problem question I had to support@openoffice.org but I got my message returned to me! I hope this eddress works that you can help me!

Cheers
--
David Robley

You can never get rid of a bad temper by losing it.