Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2013/02/18 16:31:04 UTC

thoughts on reversing computer selection relative to RAM

Re: thoughts on reversing computer selection relative to RAM

Posted by Mark Gardner <mk...@vt.edu>.
+1

Generally people have in mind the efficient use of resources when they
think of virtualization. Thus I would be in favor of sorting in
ascending order as that will approximate best fit and hence give
better resource utilization.

Mark

--
Mark Gardner

Re: thoughts on reversing computer selection relative to RAM

Posted by Mark Gardner <mk...@vt.edu>.
+1

Posted by Aaron Coburn <ac...@amherst.edu>.
+1

Posted by Aaron Coburn <ac...@amherst.edu>.
+1

Posted by Yannick Charbonneau <yc...@uottawa.ca>.
I was wondering why our "small" images were ending up on "big" vms.

+1 for changing the order

Yanik

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: thoughts on reversing computer selection relative to RAM

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: thoughts on reversing computer selection relative to RAM