Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/06 05:12:24 UTC

Re: Increasing write throughput of SocketIOProcessor

Hi Sriram,

On 11/1/07, sriramc <sr...@ivycomptech.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am evaluating mina to replace our home grown networking layer.  It is
> really a fabulous framework. Even though in Mina we have the ability to use
> a thread pool to execute the business logic , the read and writes are
> performed by the SocketIoProcessor threads.  The business logic threads just
> does async write using the corresponding session.write methods.  Is there a
> way to increase the write throughput when a SingleIoProcessor is handling
> 1000's of connections.

First of, you could disable the ThreadModel and remove all
ExecutorFilters you added.  That's all I think.  Additionally you
could adjust the socket receive/send buffer size.

On the other hand, MINA had a problem with write throughput.  It
should be fixed now, so please look forward to the new release.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--