Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Sean Kelly <ke...@apache.org> on 2010/07/18 13:51:38 UTC

Re: svn commit: r964658 - in /incubator/oodt/trunk/profile/src/main/java/org/apache/oodt/profile: ./ activity/ gui/ gui/pstructs/ handlers/ handlers/cas/ handlers/cas/util/ handlers/lightweight/ handlers/oracle/

> Do you have more information on this "svn checksum" issue?

I believe it was caused by local corruption of a `.svn` directory or two after some clumsy `sed` applications, and was limited to a few subdirectories.

To recover, I:

1. Saved changes to source files elsewhere in the filesystem
2. `rm -r`'d the affected subdirectories
3. `svn update` to restore them
4. Copied over the changed source files
5. `svn ci` to commit the changes—successfully, this time.

--k

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Sean Kelly <ke...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Do you have more information on this "svn checksum" issue?
>
> I believe it was caused by local corruption of a `.svn` directory or two after some clumsy `sed` applications, and was limited to a few subdirectories.

Ah, so, you borked the pristine files in .svn.  Score one for
checksums doing their job.  =P

Looks like your strategy to "recover" was fine.  Thanks for the info!  -- justin