Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Geoff Hendrey <gh...@decarta.com> on 2011/05/25 06:41:24 UTC

bulkloader zookeeper connectString

Hi -

How can I pass the zookeeper connectString to the completebulkoad
utility so that it will not try to use the default "localhost".

-geof

RE: bulkloader zookeeper connectString

Posted by Geoff Hendrey <gh...@decarta.com>.
Thanks for the pointer. I read the doc, and somehow had missed that
argument.

-geoff

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Sounds like -c is a little flakey.  Glad you figured it Geoff (eventually).
St.Ack

Posted by Geoff Hendrey <gh...@decarta.com>.
Thanks, but I've still been unable to get completebulkload to recognize
the '-c <path-to-hbase-site.xml>' argument. I downloaded the latest
stable 0.90.3 version of hbase, just to make sure I had a current
version. When I provide the -c argument, the completebulkload utility
prints its usage:

'completebulkload /path/to/hfileoutputformat-output tablename'

You mentioned "It seems your hadoop doesn't know about hbase's
configuration.". What's the remedy for that?

-geoff

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.