Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Van Nguyen <vn...@ur.com> on 2006/11/10 20:56:25 UTC

iterate through two collections

Hi,

I have two ArrayList that I need to iterate through:

<logic:iterate id="line" indexId="indexId" name="collection1">

          <bean:write name="line" />

          // write info contained in collection2

          // something like this... but not working??

          <bean:write name="collection2[indexed]" />

</logic>

collection1 and collection2 will always have the same number of
records...

Any ideas?

Re: iterate through two collections

Posted by Uday Karrothi <ka...@gmail.com>.
sorry wrong thread reply

regards,
Uday Karrothi

Posted by Uday Karrothi <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ed Griebel <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/10/06, Van Nguyen <vn...@ur.com> wrote:

> I have two ArrayList that I need to iterate through:
> <logic:iterate id="line" indexId="indexId" name="collection1">
>           <bean:write name="line" />
>           // write info contained in collection2
>           // something like this… but not working??
>           <bean:write name="collection2[indexed]" />
> </logic>
>
> collection1 and collection2 will always have the same number of records…

That you need to do this probably means "two ArrayLists" is the wrong
data structure.  How about a single array list of some object that has
two properties?  Or a Map?  I can't tell what you're doing from the
contrived example.

If you must do it, <logic:iterate> exposes the current index as
'indexId' which might help.

http://struts.apache.org/1.x/struts-taglib/tlddoc/logic/iterate.html

--
Wendy