Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jan Juno <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/29 14:15:07 UTC

WicketRuntimeException

Can somebody help me with this exception? What can be wrong am
desperate..... What to look for?

ERROR [org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle] [, http-8080-1, /jumbo/,
101.11.149.90:-33771be0:12f
0171a0c1:-8000, , ] Exception in rendering component: [MarkupContainer
[Component id = html]]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Exception in rendering component:
[MarkupContainer [Component id = html]]
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.renderComponent(Component.java:2725)

Re: WicketRuntimeException

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
How to Get Help

Whenever you are reporting a problem, please be sure to include as
much information as possible; the more we know, the better the chance
of a quicker resolution.

which version of the software
what platform and JDK
any particular JEE container being used - if so what version
stack traces generally really help! If in doubt include the whole
thing; often exceptions get wrapped in other exceptions and the
exception right near the bottom explains the actual error, not the
first few lines at the top. Its very easy for us to skim-read past
unnecessary parts of a stack trace.
log output can be useful too; sometimes enabling DEBUG logging can
help your code & configuration files are often useful
How to get help faster

We can help you much quicker if you try the following

provide us with a JUnit test case that demonstrates your issue. e.g.
if you think you’ve found a bug, can you create a test case to
demonstrate the bug?
submit a patch fixing the bug! (We also buy you beer when we meet you
if you submit bug fixes for memory leaks or performance related
issues, if you can run a profiler on your test case and attach the
output as a file (or zipped file if its huge) to the JIRA we can
normally fix things much faster. e.g. run JProfiler or YourKit on your
code and send us the output. To find memory leaks its quicker to
resolve if you can tell us what classes are taking up all of the RAM;
we can normally figure out whats wrong from that.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.
Could you provide us a quickstart to reproduce de error ?

Bruno Borges
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

"The glory of great men should always be
measured by the means they have used to
acquire it."
 - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Posted by Jan Juno <ja...@gmail.com>.