Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Chian Zhong..." <cz...@modeln.com> on 2011/05/19 21:07:22 UTC

JMeter deals with multiple frames

Hi:

My app has two frames at any time, when I click on a certain link, a dialog
will show up.
This dialog has its own frame in it. So the flow is as following :

1. click a link on one of the two frames... ( here, http post comes with one
of the two frame ids )...
2. a dialog is loading.... ( here, a get is recorded by jmeter, I inserted a
regular expression extractor here to get the newly loaded dialogframe id )
3. perform some action on the dialog ( post here with the dialogframe id..by
recording...)

My difficult is:
2. on this step, the regular expression extractor gives me nothing new,
dialogframe ids are the same as the frame ids on step 1;
3. since I don't have a new dialogframe id, I tried both frameid one at
time, the response data gave me the page before step 2...

I used debugbar to know the frames, but the dialog is the module dialog, I
can't spy any frame or id on it.
Anyone can suggest me how I should debug this ?

Any help is appreciated.

Chian

Re: JMeter deals with multiple frames

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
ah thats the same as any other dynamic parameter - you need to check which
response gives you the value and attach the regex under that response (a
framed application is still - request response). You might need multiple
variables (and extractors) if each frame uses the same parameter  name but
maintains its values differently

regards
deepak

Posted by "Chian Zhong..." <cz...@modeln.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Chian Zhong..." <cz...@modeln.com>.
Hi Felix:

The reason that I care about the frame is that I have further steps to
perform on this frame, if I keep using the main frame instead of the
dialogframe, all further requests got sent to the login page directly, the
response is on the login page as well.

I did more research yesterday and found out that the page before this dialog
loads is handled by javascript on the client side, then my script clicks on
a button on this page to trigger the dialog, I suspect this page before
triggering the dialog is already mis-handled as I saw some referring about
java script is not handled well by the jmeter.  In the mean time I'm able to

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.