Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2017/12/16 23:23:14 UTC

Error upgrading from from 4.7.x to 4.13.x

Hi to all,
I've recently updated my Cloudera + Phoenix from CDH 5.9 + 4.7 to CDH
5.11.2 + 4.13 but now I can't connect with Phoenix anymore. When I run
phoenix-sqlline.sql I get:

WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
Error: Cluster is being concurrently upgraded from 4.7.x to 4.13.x. Please
retry establishing connection. (state=INT12,code=2010)
org.apache.phoenix.exception.UpgradeInProgressException: Cluster is being
concurrently upgraded from 4.7.x to 4.13.x. Please retry establishing
connection.
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.acquireUpgradeMutex(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:3231)
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.upgradeSystemTables(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2615)
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$12.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2478)
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$12.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2384)
at
org.apache.phoenix.util.PhoenixContextExecutor.call(PhoenixContextExecutor.java:76)
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.init(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2384)
at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getConnectionQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:255)
at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.createConnection(PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.java:150)
at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.connect(PhoenixDriver.java:221)
at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.connect(DatabaseConnection.java:157)
at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:203)
at sqlline.Commands.connect(Commands.java:1064)
at sqlline.Commands.connect(Commands.java:996)
at
at
at
sqlline.ReflectiveCommandHandler.execute(ReflectiveCommandHandler.java:38)
at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:809)
at sqlline.SqlLine.initArgs(SqlLine.java:588)
at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:661)
at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:398)
at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:291)
sqlline version 1.2.0

How can I repair my installation? I can't find any log nor anything strange
in the SYSTEM.CATALOG HBase table..

Thanks in advance,
Flavio

Re: Error upgrading from from 4.7.x to 4.13.x

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.
Hi Pedro,
unfortunately in my CDH cluster I can only jump from 4.7 to 4.13..however,
thanks to your describe I recreated the hbase shell command to recreate the
table and then everything worked! Probably we should document that when
releasing the new parcel...Here's the hbase shell command:

create 'SYSTEM.MUTEX', {NAME => '0', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'NONE',
BLOOMFILTER => 'ROW', REPLICATION_SCOPE => '0', VERSIONS => '1',
COMPRESSION => 'NONE', MIN_VERSIONS => '0', TTL =>900, KEEP_DELETED_CELLS
=> 'FALSE', BLOCKSIZE => '65536', IN_MEMORY => 'false', BLOCKCACHE =>
'true'}

Thanks all for the help,
Flavio

Posted by Pedro Boado <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

Posted by Ethan <ew...@apache.org>.
[...]

org.apache.phoenix.exception.UpgradeInProgressException: Cluster is being concurrently upgraded from 4.7.x to 4.13.x. Please retry establishing connection.

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

Posted by Pedro Boado <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

Posted by Pedro Boado <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

--
Flavio Pompermaier
Development Department

OKKAM S.r.l.
Tel. +(39) 0461 041809

Re: Error upgrading from from 4.7.x to 4.13.x